June 05, 2015
June 05, 2015
June 12, 2015
June 14, 2015
July 12, 2015
September 20, 2015
Cliff Leppke's Cyber Seat
Hot Hatch, Hot Laps:
VW's 2015 Golf R Tackles Road America
May 12, 2015 Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin: A pneumonia front kept temps below 50 degrees during Midwest Automotive Media Association's Spring Rally at Road America/ Nonetheless, VW's hottest hatchback generated heat. This all-wheel-drive rally-ready ride cranks out nearly 292 horsepower. With seat heaters and firm handling, it proved exceptionally competent performing cold-pavement recommened late-apex getaways. It also put smiles on drivers' faces, due to its automated manual transmission's launch control, sensational power train sounds and drift-friendly racetrack carousel behavior.
VW of America says demand for the Golf R is also pyrotechnical; its initial batch is nearly sold out. Price: approximately $38,000
About the Volkswagen Club of America
The VWCA (Volkswagen Club of America) is a not-for-profit hobby club for owners and enthusiasts of Volkswagen and Audi automobiles. Founded in 1955, the Club has followed the evolution of Volkswagen from the early air-cooled Beetle to the latest models to roll off the assembly line. We are not owned by, affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen AG or Volkswagen of America, the Importer. The Club is operated and managed solely by volunteer members who contribute their time and energy in pursuit of our motto, "to help Volkswagen and Audi owners enjoy their cars to the fullest." Read about the club's history.
Membership has its benefits!
Let us count the ways...
- Discounts on Parts, Accessories, and Labor at our Friends of the Club dealers and vendors
- Receive our bi-monthly VW Autoist magazine
- Discounts on merchandise at the Club Store
- Post classified ads online and in the VW Autoist - FREE!
- Participate in family-oriented club events
- Participate in VW forums - get all your questions answered or talk about your VW with other enthusiasts!
- View the entire Autoist online
- Post pictures of your beloved VW on this site!
Latest VW Autoist
My Mom, the Daredevil
Around 1960, Cliff Leppke had no idea what was in store for him while being ferried about by his mother. Needless to say, his head was up and his eyes were open.